uTorrent Malware Uninstallation – How to RemoveuTorrent?
uTorrent application appears without any reasons and confuses users with own presence on the computer. This software is not absolutely illegal as users permit the installation of such software themselves. This item leads to negative consequences that spoil normal functioning of the device and does not allow to surf the Internet without irritation. Use our short guide you see below to do everything successfully.
If you face the uTorrent PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) for the first time, you need to know that may have different purposes about your computer. Most likely, it appeared to display advertising banners in your browser and redirect you to the random sites just when you open your browser. The only thing is obvious here, it is mandatory to delete this PUP.
What is interesting to know about uTorrent PUPs is that they appear in the system after user’s consent. Of course, they occur not because of the direct intention, as a rule, users just do not know that they permit the installation of malware samples together with cost-free utilities. Cyber criminals attach malicious software to various applications to find the way to the system and conduct own activities. To prevent their malicious goals we recommend avoiding random surfing the Internet and unknown social networks. Use anti-malware detector to block the possibility of remote control over your device. Reconsider the current situation of your security, if it is not appropriate, improve the situation with additional tools.
Well, you understand that the presence of the uTorrent malware will work not in your personal favor, so that it is time to get rid of it as soon as possible. Try GridinSoft Anti-Malware application in action. It is a proven malware removal tool that eliminates the files related to this unwanted program before it is not too late. Follow the guide you see below to know how to use the utility.
uTorrent removal guide
STEP 1. Remove uTorrent virus from the browser
First of all, uTorrent is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by uTorrent, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and uTorrent has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that uTorrent hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove uTorrent traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed uTorrent!
Video guide on how to remove uTorrent from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with uTorrent in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.