Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com is a browser hijacker, it can do more harm than good.It changes your web browser’s home page, the default search engine, and redirects the search to another location, which can be a dubious or infected malicious website.Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com is a browser hijacker, it can do more harm than good.It changes your web browser’s home page, the default search engine, and redirects the search to another location, which can be a dubious or infected malicious website.
When you open the browser on your PC, you will have Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com on the start page. This browser hijacker it was designed to collect data and confidential information without the user’s consent. The collected data is important in its online marketing scheme to expand their strategies. It was much worse that some adware authors sell stolen data to a cyber-crooks.Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com can bear harm on your system for the sake of earning money at the expense of your online privacy. Moreover, links it may produce can lead to adware or malware infection. Search result links from Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com can point you to the malicious site where dangerous codes and scripts are stored.
Being a computer threat and having the risk of an adware is enough reason for every PC users to avoid Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com. It is important to safeguard your computer with the effective anti-malware program. This will be your main defense against any kind of computer threats. When using the Internet, you must apply full caution and avoid malicious files, suspicious links, and unfamiliar email attachment.
Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com page from the browser
First of all, Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.