UpdateInstall.exe becomes a serious problem for many users these days. It is a virus that comes across in the Web. It acts like adware in most cases as it shows you a multiple of advertising banners and troubles your browsing. Parameters of your browser feels changes and you can control them. The pop-ups you see are not always peaceful, you can be suddenly alert with porn ads that are very rude and not allowed to younger generation. Your Task Manager can show you the hijacker but it doesn’t mean you can eliminate it manually. This hijacker generates a lot of pop-ups and takes part in redirections that will spoil your life. That means the need of an urgent solution against it. Go on reading to know how you can stop UpdateInstall.exe process in your computer right now.
Frankly speaking, UpdateInstall.exe, process can be rather harmful and uneasy to get rid of. The impact this malware has on your computer is extremely negative. The virus consumes resources of the system and provokes abnormal CPU usage. You can find UpdateInstall.exe process location via your Task Manager (you just need to right-click on it and select the option to open file location), you will see Bandizip folder. We regret to say that but manual removal would be a hard task, this hijacker protects itself hiding behind many common processes in the background.
UpdateInstall.exe produces a lot of advertising announcements and this process will not stop itself, vice versa, the situation will only aggravate more and more. The hijacker changes home page in your browser and you cannot modify it back as the virus hijacks your browser. In return, it will offer you to install some useful applications that will promote your device. That is a lie, harmful viruses will penetrate your system if you agree to do this. For example, you will read about the necessity to download and install a lot of junk programs into your computer which will mess it up even more. In addition to that, your system may become infected with even more serious threats that will essentially slow down its performance.
Removal of UpdateInstall.exe process is possible if you decide to switch for a helpful tool able to delete unwanted programs. You need a cleaner that can track harmful programs, uninstall them and keep your device clean on a regular basis. Meet GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool that gets rid of this infection within a few mouse clicks. Instructions below are made to help you in removal process, use them to do everything effectively.
UpdateInstall.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove UpdateInstall.exe virus from the browser
First of all, UpdateInstall.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by UpdateInstall.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and UpdateInstall.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that UpdateInstall.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove UpdateInstall.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed UpdateInstall.exe!
Video guide on how to remove UpdateInstall.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with UpdateInstall.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.