YourTemplateFinder is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that affects popular web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Its cross-browser nature is intended to cover a maximum victim base, so users’ preferences in regards to web navigation software are put out of the equation. It’s important to emphasize that Ads by YourTemplateFinder only appear on PCs with the corresponding add-on installed on them, so this is a security issue that requires the right troubleshooting. Since the unwelcome commercial content shows up on sites in large volumes, the affected browser starts operating slower than before. To top it off, the system’s general performance undergoes an unfavorable influence. And yet, this application isn’t only a resource hog.
It doesn’t take a genius to realize that YourTemplateFinder extension may also pose risk to one’s privacy. The ads it displays on web pages are targeted because the adware takes its victim’s browsing history into account. In other words, the malicious code is constantly harvesting data on what sites the user visits and what he or she looks for on search engines. It’s within the realms of possibility that the developers of this controversial software are aggregating this information and selling it to interested third parties.
At the end of the day, infected users stumbling upon frustrating sponsored elements labeled Ads by YourTemplateFinder, YourTemplateFinder ads, powered by YourTemplateFinder, or Brought by YourTemplateFinder. These advertisements make it problematic to see the text and media posted on sites by webmasters. Aside from deals and comparison shopping boxes, the adware will also generate in-text hyperlinks that increase the probability of a victim being redirected to certain landing pages by accidentally clicking on those keywords. Interstitial ads, which will also go off once a while, may hang in the background of the main browser window, eating up a great deal of the machine’s processing resources.
YourTemplateFinder hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove YourTemplateFinder virus from the browser
First of all, YourTemplateFinder is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by YourTemplateFinder, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and YourTemplateFinder has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that YourTemplateFinder hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove YourTemplateFinder traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed YourTemplateFinder!
Video guide on how to remove YourTemplateFinder from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with YourTemplateFinder in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.