Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner is a kind of software that is used to mine digital currency. Computer threat of this type refers to the Trojan Horse family. You can never know for sure that you got a coin miner as it penetrates the system secretly, infects particular files on the targeted computers and uses resources to disrupt digital cryptocurrency. The only thing users can notice almost at once is significant slowness of the computer. Continue reading to know how to eliminate this computer threat.
The Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner malware is dangerous not only because it overloads the CPU and leads to freezing and stuttering. This malicious program can make a backdoor allowing third-party users obtain remote access to the infected machine and use it as their own. It goes without saying that its presence in the system is unwanted.
It is important to say that Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner Trojan Miner can restrict user’s access to own workstation and particular files. It attacks CPU and GPU power, worsens general performance of the computer or even a mobile phone that may also catch this hazardous item. All-in-all, it exhausts computer so that it turns to be a robot without any possibilities to turn the situation back. Run periodic diagnostic scans with the help of malware removal apps which can detect and delete similar threats.
As a rule, the Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner Trojan Miner takes long periods of time before being discovered, we offer to try GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool that is a proven solution of your problem. It will help to escape from cyber criminals and it will not permit locking your PC down.
Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner virus from the browser
First of all, Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner!
Video guide on how to remove Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Unwanted/Win32.BitMiner in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.