Unwanted Search Engine by Polarity Yahoo Search
Browser hijacker like Polarity Yahoo Search is a popular computer threat that compromises the system, injects own yahoo search engine instead of the typical one and disturbs normal browsing with constant redirections and popping-up windows. Continue reading to know how to cope with situation.
Polarity Yahoo Search hijacker attacks Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge and many other popular browsers with malicious purposes. It not only hijacks browsers, injects ads but often starts monitoring user actions. Remember that this hijacker is unwanted to stay long on your device, remove it as soon as possible.
This Polarity Yahoo Search fake page stays in the browser extremely long if do nothing with it. You need to understand that there is dangerous application that can steal your private details, transfer them to malicious users and achieve benefits from spying your computer actions. That is why, next time be really careful while installing any software taken on the random freeware resources. Keep security applications up to date and think twice before doing any suspicious action.
Get rid of Polarity Yahoo Search application with the help of our GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool the elimination will be fast and pleasant. Follow the removal guide for more detailed instructions about removal steps.
Polarity Yahoo Search removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Polarity Yahoo Search virus from the browser
First of all, Polarity Yahoo Search is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Polarity Yahoo Search, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Polarity Yahoo Search has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Polarity Yahoo Search hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Polarity Yahoo Search traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Polarity Yahoo Search!
Video guide on how to remove Polarity Yahoo Search from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Polarity Yahoo Search in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.