Screen addict extension is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that can infect all popular web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Since the unwelcome commercial content in a huge amount shows up on sites, your browser and system operating slower than before. So we recommend to remove it as soon as possible.
It’s easy to understand that Screen addict extension extension may also be very risky to your privacy. This extension tracks your browser activity, history, and personal information. In other words, the malicious code is constantly harvesting data on what sites the user visits and what he or she looks for on search engines. Cyber criminals can use this information in own purpose and believe me, you won’t like it.
Advertisements from this extension make it problematic to see the text and media om the sites. Even more, you will have not just deals and comparison shopping boxes, the adware will also generate in-text hyperlinks that increase the probability of a victim being redirected to certain landing pages by accidentally clicking on those keywords.We recommend to remove it from your browser right now.
Screen addict extension hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Screen addict extension virus from the browser
First of all, Screen addict extension is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Screen addict extension, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Screen addict extension has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Screen addict extension hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Screen addict extension traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Screen addict extension!
Video guide on how to remove Screen addict extension from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Screen addict extension in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.