Ur-search.com is identified as a browser hijacker created by cyber hackers to promote their search engines, homepage, or other services. It looks like Google search engine to provide web, images and videos search. As a matter of fact, it is fake search tool. Such infection has the ability to collect and store information about your web browsing habits so as to display lots of advertisements on the webpage you visit. Clicking any of them may redirect you to more unsafe commercial advertisement website. It can be seen that the real purpose of this type of browser hijacker is to generate pay-per-click revenue and increase the website ranking.
Ur-search.com is able to sneak onto the target computer system without asking for any permission from users. A lot of troubles will be triggered once this threat has finished its installation. It may show random pop up ads and unwanted links on the webpage you are visiting no matter you want them or not. To avoid further harm, you should get rid of Ur-search.com malware as soon as possible.
Most users don’t know how Ur-search.com infiltrates into their computers. Similar to other browser hijackers, this infection gets installed on the computer mainly bundled with third party freeware downloads and installation. That’s probably why people get infected with it without any notice. Installer of the infection may be embedded into the free applications that can be free downloaded from the Internet. Such malware is most distributed on notorious websites. Therefore, when you download free software, make sure it is from official website or any reliable sites.
Step by step instructions how to remove Ur-search.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Ur-search.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Ur-search.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Ur-search.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Ur-search.com virus from your browser
First of all, Ur-search.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Ur-search.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Ur-search.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Ur-search.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.