PcActivator is a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It is also labeled as malicious tool that when installed on the computer may cause troubles and irritation. In the usual course of deploying PcActivator, authors of this program are using invasive and misleading technique. Installer files of this unwanted program are embedded on various software like free games, tools, and fake program update.
Victims may also acquire PcActivator from the official web site through browser redirect issue that adware may have dropped on your Internet browser program. With the help of promotional materials and deceiving techniques, there are quite a number of people that were misguided into installing PcActivator.
Third-party programs like free games, tools, media players, and bogus program updates are the main player that unfolds this rogue scanner onto users PC. With these unknown programs, malicious items can be easily sneaks into the computer by running a multiple instance of software installation. However, only the main program is visible to the user. They are unaware that PcActivator is also being loaded.
Step by step instructions how to remove PcActivator virus.
STEP 1. Remove PcActivator virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove PcActivator virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying PcActivator fake scanner!
STEP 2. Fix the infected browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
STEP 3. PcActivator prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with viruses once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.