Un-stop is a malicious site what infects the browser and start to redirect users to a different malicious site like adult sites, gambling sites or different fake update sites. This virus is actually part of the huge AutoConfigUrl viruses. After users installs one of the AutoConfigUrl virus many online ads and redirects appear on his browser. Unfortunately, such viruses can be installed with some freeware (free software) what you can get from the suspicious sites. AutoConfigUrl network is really popular and infect millions of the computers all over the world and we describe some of malicious site earlier (On clkds, Onclkds.com or onclicktop.com).
If you are installing free software and just skip installation process, you totally will that some additional program was installed too. Be careful with program what you download from suspicious sites, most of them have bundled with other software, so never allow install such program with “Custom” options.
This site will bring mess to your computer. Un-stop will track some your private information and transfer it to the third parties. The big mound of virus can steal personal information, logins or passwords or even destroy the whole system. We highly recommend to remove this malicious site from your computer immediately.
Whole list of malicious AutoConfigUrl network
Un-stop hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Un-stop page from the browser
First of all, Un-stop is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Un-stop, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Un-stop has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Un-stop hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Un-stop traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Un-stop!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Un-stop in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.