Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen trojan virus – how to delete?
Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen is a program we classify as malicious due to the purposes and the ways of penetration. This Trojan has no obvious signs for the owner of the PC if he does not use any additional applications. That is why we pay attention to the fact that regular scan of the system is really important.
Computer threats have different purposes about the targeted computer. This particular Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen Trojan haunts cryptocurrency and uses infected computers to mine BitCoins and other digital money. It steals CPU power to conduct its activities and can install other potentially unwanted objects (adware, spyware, ransomware, keyloggers) to hijack computer completely and turn it into a robot.
Software like Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen Trojan can be easily detected by anti-malware scanner if it is on the PC. Add this program to increase the level of security and have opportunity to secure your data. Avoid programs on the suspicious freeware resources even if they look like legitimate ones. Take care of your system applications, keep them up to date because developers often add vital modifications that have positive effect on the PC performance.
To remove the Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen Trojan Coin Miner we offer you to try our GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool that can track and delete potentially unwanted software in several clicks only. This application kills all kinds of computer threats. The guide below will help you to eliminate the threat in several clicks only.
Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen virus from the browser
First of all, Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen!
Video guide on how to remove Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.