Trojan.Dridex Trojan Scam (Removal Instruction)
Trojan.Dridex trojan is classified to be unwanted on the PC. It refers to the computer threats that penetrate the system secretly and try to stay undetected as long as possible overloading PC to maximum. Its main goal is to provide malicious activities without any signs, so in most cases users have no clue about the threat in their PC. Trojans have common malicious purposes, so that users often mix them up with viruses.
The Trojan.Dridex Trojan overloads the system, uses resources of the infected PC with own purposes and may give third-party users remote control. It is better to prevent the invasion that find the solution against it. However, if that happened, read our short instruction that will help to eliminate the threat.
Software like Trojan.Dridex Trojan can be easily detected by anti-malware scanner if it is on the PC. Add this program to increase the level of security and have opportunity to secure your data. Avoid programs on the suspicious freeware resources even if they look like legitimate ones. Take care of your system applications, keep them up to date because developers often add vital modifications that have positive effect on the PC performance.
To deal with the Trojan.Dridex Trojan and forget about sad sire of its activity, try GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool in action and you will have no more problems with such malware. The system will stay clean all the time. The guidance below will help you to keep the system clean.
Trojan.Dridex removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Trojan.Dridex virus from the browser
First of all, Trojan.Dridex is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Trojan.Dridex, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Trojan.Dridex has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Trojan.Dridex hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Trojan.Dridex traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Trojan.Dridex!
Video guide on how to remove Trojan.Dridex from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Trojan.Dridex in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.