Trojan.Application.Miner Coin Miner stands for the Trojan Horse which appears in the system secretly as to its name. Cyber criminals use it to obtain money revenue and exhaust resources of the infected workstation using them for cryptocurrency mining most of all. To detect this malware with usual antivirus may be often impossible, so that users prefer to strengthen their PCs with a malware scanner.
The main thing about Trojan.Application.Miner Coin Miner Trojan is that it steals computer resources for the needs of the cyber criminals. Such consumption negatively reflects on the computer performance. It goes without saying that the owner of the infected workstation must get rid of the Trojan and scan the system against other computer threats.
Typically Trojan.Application.Miner Trojan Miner attacks computers with weak defense and hits the system as soon as it appears. CPU and GPU feel lack of power due to the malicious activity, general efficiency of the workstation faces substantial worsening. If you want to stay away from this malware, do not install anything from the suspicious resources to avoid infection with the help of bundled malware samples. Try malware removal software to deal with the current trouble.
Deal with the Trojan.Application.Miner Trojan Miner with the help of GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool that needs only several clicks to remove the source of infection and all related components that might be linked to this sort of infection. Prevent the same troubles in the future with regular scanning.
Trojan.Application.Miner removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Trojan.Application.Miner virus from the browser
First of all, Trojan.Application.Miner is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Trojan.Application.Miner, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Trojan.Application.Miner has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Trojan.Application.Miner hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Trojan.Application.Miner traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Trojan.Application.Miner!
Video guide on how to remove Trojan.Application.Miner from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Trojan.Application.Miner in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.