Travel Buddy is an unwanted extension that primarily attacks Google Chrome browsers and possibly some other browsers that are based on the Chromium open source project. This extension is generally enabled through a special pop-up window that unexpectedly appears in your browser. It’s very dangerous to keep this extension live, since it performs various illegal functions while it is active. So, continue reading this guide that explains how to delete it in a proper way.
Travel Buddy plays the role of adware in your browser since it causes a lot of unwanted advertisement banners to permanently appear while you surf the web. Additionally, the extension could cause unwanted redirections of your browser to random websites of extremely bad reputation. Finally, Travel Buddy extension performs the role of spyware by regularly tracking user’s browsing habits and transferring this data to third parties for various hazardous purposes.
It’s always critical to check every program you are going to install. Even tried program can be bundled with this adware if you download it from doubtful websites. They use this bundling to monetize their “well-intended” free services. It’s easy to block adware, just uncheck given option in one of the initial installations’ steps, because normally Travel Buddy is installed by default.
Regular advertisement pop-ups are the only harm from Travel Buddy. A good few sees a threat acting through the virus in it and the others find it helpful, because they get a lot of news and information about sales and discounts in favorite stores. If you want to remove it, then simply follow the instruction below. It will help you eliminate this extension and other threats (if any).
Travel Buddy removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Travel Buddy virus from the browser
First of all, Travel Buddy is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Travel Buddy, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Travel Buddy has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Travel Buddy hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Travel Buddy traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Travel Buddy!
Video guide on how to remove Travel Buddy from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Travel Buddy in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.