Top 14 lies told by System Recovery (SystemRecovery) virus about the state of your computer
System Recovery virus has the reputation of the fake system defragmenter. The real fact, however, is that it is not able at all to help your computer function better. Whenever it penetrates inside of your computer it immediately initiates its bogus system scan which then reports plenty of computer problems. Needless to say, sometimes the problems do occur with your computer. When such situations take place user needs to refer to the decent system restoration program which would help him/her resolve the issues quickly and effectively. This is not the case with System Recovery malware. In spite of its indeed nice-looking interface, this program is totally useless when it comes to fixing your system. However, it would not cease or quit to keep throwing the bunch of fake system messages in front of you in order to make you really scared for the condition of your computer. The reason why it does that is quite predictable – the malware wants you to purchase the full version of this fake system defragmenter in order to trick and to fool you. When the fictitious scan of System Recovery virus is over the program would finalize its bogus report with the following unreal errors:
- Hard drive rotational speed decreased by 20%
- Drive C initializing error
- Disk drive C:\ is unreadable
- System files are damaged. System is unstable.
- GPU RAM temperature is critically high. Urgent RAM memory optimization is required to prevent system failure
- The problem may cause errors while loading your operation system
- RAM memory speed decreased significantly and may cause a system failure
- Hard drive does not correspond to system requests
- Damaged hard drive clusters detected. Private data is at risk. Restore is required
- C:\System32\drivers is damaged. This problem may cause a system failure
- Hard drive rotational speed exceeds system limits and may cause a system failure
- Boot sector of the hard drive is damaged
- Hard drive space less than technical limits
- RAM Memory temperature is 83
It is also important to emphasize your attention to the following fake warnings of System Recovery virus, since they all appear quite permanently, often they go one after another, thus really irritating the user:
Critical hard disk drive error
System Recovery detected a bad sector on your hard disk drive. This error may cause the following problems:
– Data corruption and loss
– Hard drive inaccessibility
– System errors and failures
It is strongly recommended that you fix the detected problems immediately. Please run a full system scan and fix errors.
Windows – Delayed Write Filed
Failed to save all the components for the file \\System 32\\[random file name]. The file is corrupted or unreadable. This error may be caused by a PC hardware problem.
Hard Drive Failure
A performance problem with one or more installed IDE / SATA hard drived has been detected. System restart is highly recommended.
The following fake error messages normally popup in the right-bottom part of user’s desktop. No doubt, they all should also be disregarded by you.
HDD clusters are partly damaged. Segment load failure
Windows OS can’t detect a free hard disk space. HDD error
Damaged hard drive clusters detected. Private data is at risk.
Hard Drive not found. Missing hard drive.
RAM memory usage is critically high. RAM memory failure.
Windows can’t find hard disk space. Hard drive error
Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \System32\496A8300. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware.
A critical error has occurred while indexing data stored on hard drive. System restart required.
The system has been restored after a critical error. Data integrity and hard drive integrity verification required.
System Recovery Activation
Advanced module activation required to fix detected errors and performance issues. Please purchase Advanced Module license to activate this software and enable all features.
Low Disk Space
You are running very low disk space on Local Disk (C:).
Windows – No Disk
Exception Processing Message 0x0000013
Video of System Recovery virus removal (on the example of Windows XP Recovery removal):
Guide to restore your files and folders back to normal state:
System Recovery automatic removal:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
System Recovery manual removal:
Delete System Recovery files:
%StartMenu%\Programs\System Recovery\System Recovery.lnk
%StartMenu%\Programs\System Recovery\Uninstall System Recovery.lnk
Delete System Recovery registry entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Use FormSuggest" = 'Yes'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "CertificateRevocation" = '0'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnonBadCertRecving" = '0'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop "NoChangingWallPaper" = '1'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations "LowRiskFileTypes" =
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments "SaveZoneInformation" = '1'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer "NoDesktop" = '1'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = '1'
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "DisableTaskMgr" = '1'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download "CheckExeSignatures" = 'no'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "Hidden" = '0'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "ShowSuperHidden" = '0'