tholos.tk stands for a malicious site name related to performance of a new browser hijacker. Currently it is widely spread in the Internet and the degree of its distribution grows by leaps and bounds. If you have discovered that your browser is stuck with tholos.tk and you cannot delete it, then follow this removal guide. You’ve come to the right place that will help you to get rid of it.
Technically speaking, tholos.tk is not a virus, but it is not a good application either. The hijacker plays the role of adware and spyware in your computer. As adware it displays a lot of intrusive advertisement banners in the home page of your hijacked browser. Additionally, it may show some sponsored links along with those pseudo search results delivered by it. And as spyware, tholos.tk regularly tracks your browsing habits and even transmits this absolutely private information to third parties. As you see, tholos.tk is not as good at its developers claim it is. They say that their product renders some superb services as far as finding the relevant information is concerned. But in reality their website is absolutely good for nothing. Furthermore, it causes much damage to you and your personal information as we have already explained above.
tholos.tk is most commonly installed into PCs through integration of its installed with some other free programs downloaded and installed by users. Unfortunately, some people just fail to read important software installation details carefully, so they may just blindly click on Next or I agree buttons, without really understanding what they agree with. This is exactly how this hijacker may be brought into their computers.
We suggest that you always take time to thoroughly read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) associated with free software you install into your computer. If yo do find the information about tholos.tk suggested to be installed by default, then make sure to switch immediately to the advanced (custom) installation mode to prevent any of these third-party programs from getting into your system by default.
Automatic removal tool for tholos.tk:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for tholos.tk:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with tholos.tk virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by tholos.tk:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: