Thinkextension.com on your computer is an adware program. Note that in the majority of cases such annoying programs on your computer are the result of you installing some other free programs, which you found at various online websites. As a result of installing several programs altogether as a part of the bundled software installation offer, you now see various ads popping up in your browser. Some of these ads are displayed as advertisement banners in various parts of your screen. You might also see suspicious extensions or add-ons in your browser, and most probably program with exactly the same name in the list of legally installed applications on your computer. Following this guide will help you to fix your browser and uninstall Thinkextension.com adware from your system.
This adware is quite an intrusive one. You will see its many ads either popping up or simply displayed everywhere in your browser. This is mainly the issue for browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, even though other browsers can be under the attack as well. When ads by Thinkextension.com pop up in your browser, this is the result of you moving the PC mouse towards the words in the text of the visited site that have an underlining with a double green color line. Also, when visiting various commercial websites, such as Amazon, Walmart, Bestbuy, Ebay and many others, you will see a special rectangle banner in the right-bottom part of your computer, which displays relevant commercial advertisements. And, of course, you will definitely see all sorts of advertisement banners in various parts of your screen. Surely, this is all very intrusive, and this is why very annoying.
No matter how exactly and where exactly these ads are displayed in your browser, we believe that it is very dangerous for you to click them. They may cause all kinds of unwanted redirections to other third party websites, which in their turn may infect your computer will all kinds of other absolutely not necessary applications. We recommend that you follow this guide that will help you uninstall this potentially unwanted program classified as adware from your computer.
Step by step instructions how to remove Thinkextension.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Thinkextension.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Thinkextension.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Thinkextension.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Thinkextension.com virus from your browser
First of all, Thinkextension.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Thinkextension.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Thinkextension.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Thinkextension.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.