Thespacereporter.com redirects browser to the sites with suspicious resources. Frankly speaking, no useful information is there, whereas you can get malicious applications that locate on such sites waiting for a perfect moment. Computer disruption provoked by the malware is a challenge to track and remove. Thespacereporter.com domain represents a link between your browser and suspicious websites. All kinds of redirections should alert you as soon as they appear. You have no time to argue, it’s time to act confidently and to regain your rights. Read the information below to know how to deal with the threat.
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Microsoft Edge are the most popular browsers to show Thespacereporter.com pop-ups. Typically, you can see alerts in new or blank tabs, their amount will constantly grow. During the time of malware penetration, the performance of the computer will change negatively. Abnormally high CPU usage will lead to the death of your processor. The adware that creates Thespacereporter.com alerts is the main enemy of your hardware.
Thespacereporter.com is the result of mindless installation, when you aren’t careful with EULAs (End User License Agreements). That concerns infected apps with bundled samples of malware you can find on cost-free resources. However, most of us rely on anti-viruses we already have and avoid doing this step. Even the most respectful sites, for example, CNET and others tend to contain harmful samples. In case when your system shows a poor level of computer defense. Hence, your acting anti-virus tool may fail to recognize the threat and to stop the installation of unwanted applications. Consequently, it doesn’t seek to remove them.
Unfortunately, the fact that Thespacereporter.com adware still worsens your PC is obvious. You need to block it as soon as possible. Immediate scan of your system will help to find the source of the adware and eliminate it. With an effective anti-malware tool you will do everything faster and more securely, and the guidelines below are ready to help you with this. Do not forget to reset your browser because it needs fixing to return to the previous condition before the adware penetrated the system.
Thespacereporter.com removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Thespacereporter.com virus from the browser
First of all, Thespacereporter.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Thespacereporter.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Thespacereporter.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Thespacereporter.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Thespacereporter.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Thespacereporter.com!
Video guide on how to remove Thespacereporter.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Thespacereporter.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.