The removal guide for Windows Armament Master scam
Below you can read the description of Windows Armament Master virus. It is one more virus that infects computers all over the world in this time. The virus is new enough though the method it penetrates into the system is not so hard for you to understand. People who face the problems of different types of viruses have been already aware about these methods. And those who do not know the ways it gets into their systems we warn you not to be so sure about the web. The users should pay attention to every suspicious link, site or file there, because each of them can contain some viruses, spywares and scams.
When Windows Armament Master gets into the system it will do everything to convince you that this program is safe and it will help you to detect some problems in computers of yours. And, of course, it detects a lot of damaged files, links and errors inside your PC. You will be offered to buy its commercial version. Think twice before you buy it! It won’t remove your viruses. Because the only virus in your system is Windows Armament Master and you should know it.
And beyond any doubt it will not ask your permission for installing itself. Windows Armament Master can be everywhere and you won’t know for sure that that site or link is clean. But we are here to help you with it and we will. Our GridinSoft Trojan Killer program can and it will remove the Windows Armament Master from your system. The following information and video guide will tell you how.
Before downloading and running GridinSoft Trojan Killer for removal of Windows Armament Master virus several additional preparatory steps need to be done. This is required because Windows Armament Master blocks your Internet connection, and you will not be able to launch GridinSoft Trojan Killer. In order to prevent this blockage please take the following sequence of steps:
1. Make sure that your Operating System is tuned up in such a mode that hidden files and folders of your PC are viewable. The instruction on how to do it can be found here for Windows XP and here for Windows Vista/7.
2. Choose “View” tab in the window that appeared, and in the advanced settings choose the option “Show hidden files and folders”. Press OK.
3. Go to the folder %User Profile%\Application Data\Microsoft.
Important! Depending on the Operating System of your computer, %UserProfile% stands for C:\Documents and Settings\[Current User] for Windows XP and C:\Users\[Current User] for Windows Vista/7.
In other words, the folder that should be opened is as follows, depending on the operating system:
%SysDrive%Documents and Settings[Current User]Application Data\Microsoft for Windows XP
%SysDrive%Users[Current User]Application Data\Microsoft for Windows Vista/7.
In this folder there will be the main executable file of Windows Armament Master virus (possibly with the icon of *avi file), having some random name.
4. Rename the above-mentioned executable file into some other name of your choice and restart your computer. Upon the system restart Windows Armament Master will no longer block your Internet browser.
5. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to your infected computer, install it and run it.
The procedure for removal of Windows Armament Master is similar to the removal of Windows Remedy virus as shown on the video below:
Windows Armament Master virus manual uninstall guide:
Delete Windows Armament Master virus files:
Delete Windows Armament Master virus registry entries:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell “%AppData%\Microsoft\[random].exe”