If you ever discover System Restore program on your computer do not treat it as some serious or decent program worth keeping. On the contrary, treat it as a serious virus program that can do a lot of damage for your system. However, there is a remedy on how to get rid of this malicious pest. The below-mentioned section of this post is devoted to this remedy for elimination of System Restore virus from your workstation.
System Restore goes after such bogus system defragmenters as Windows Restore, Windows Repair, Windows Diagnostic and some other rogue programs which have been very stubborn in attacking so many PCs over the latest period of time. We have been receiving plenty of e-mails from users whose PCs got infected with these pests. Luckily, there are several good programs in the Internet that can cope with the assignment for removal of System Restore virus. System Restore gets inside of the attacked machine due to gaps in the system security or other possible system vulnerabilities that create the path for infiltration of System Restore scam. It could also be that the user might get this virus during web surfing or downloading certain files from unsafe resources in the web space that might contain the malicious codes of System Restore rogue. Whatever the case might be, System Restore, upon penetration, would not hide itself, but rather reveal itself in the manner that is common for all previous fake system defragmenters. System Restore would, first of all, tune up your system in such a manner that it will be launched together with every system startup. Then it would also make most of your files and folders hidden, and the desktop wallpaper would be changed into just black-colored one. But this is just the beginning. System Restore would pervert your system to such an extent that you would not recognize your PC. This is all done in order to make you really scared for your PC system. Then the main plot of the game played by System Restore virus is revealed – System Restore would offer itself as a solution for fixing all errors that you are encountering on your system. Still, you would be asked to pay for its full or registered version in order to launch such fake repair and fixing of detected problems. However, the sad thing is that all such errors do exist – but they are caused by System Restore virus only. Therefore, you must remove System Restore virus immediately if you want to restore your computer back to normal condition.
We have prepared the removal instructions helping users to delete System Restore scam from their system. Please read them carefully and remove System Restore at once from your system. The video enclosed below is helpful in explaining the steps for removal of this virus from your machine. Good luck to you!
System Restore automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Below please find the similar video on how to remove System Restore virus using GridinSoft Trojan Killer:
System Restore manual removal guide:
Delete System Restore files:
%Programs%\System Restore\System Restore.lnk
Delete System Restore registry entries: