svdhalp.exe in Task Manager – how to fix?
If you experience svdhalp.exe process in the Task Manager, that should alert you very much. The process like that is malicious despite the fact that your current anti-virus may not detect it as a computer threat. Only after scanning you can definitely find out what exactly arms the system. That is why it is mandatory to scan your computer fast and find the solution against syswow64 malware.
Open the Task Manager, right-click on it and choose the option to open the syswow64 folder where this process is located. The malicious process could be deeply interconnected with many other services and processes so that they help it to hide in the background and be undetected manually.
Penetration of svdhalp.exe process is technically not a hack, but if the owner of the infected computer does nothing, cyber criminals will have all chances to fill the PC with other computer threats and get remote access. Users typically rely on anti-virus software and do not know that it can sometimes fail to maintain tracking all the threats and preventing their installation. It is especially difficult if users allow installation of the software with attached malware samples that really confuses antiviruses.
Protection of your privacy requires svdhalp.exe malware removal scanner, anyone can use it to remove the threat. This utility works tracking all the unwanted items once appeared in the system. Automatic malware detection and removal is what you should do with the current threat right now. Step-by-step guide below will help you to deal with the threat.
svdhalp.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove svdhalp.exe virus from the browser
First of all, svdhalp.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by svdhalp.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and svdhalp.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that svdhalp.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove svdhalp.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed svdhalp.exe!
Video guide on how to remove svdhalp.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with svdhalp.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.