Supern0va is a computer infection referred as ransomware. It is distributed by means of ransomware Trojan. This parasite restricts access to a computer until a ransom is paid. Supern0va ransomware displays a fake pop-up message, allegedly generated by Metropolitan Police Association and accuses affected PC users of violating the certain laws. A victim cannot launch any of installed programs; the Internet connection is also broken. To be short the parasite gains the total control over a computer. It demands a ransom from victims to be paid via Ukash or Paysafecard to receive an unlock code. Do not believe the pop-up notification and hurry up to effect the payment. Even if you pay your PC will be still hijacked. More over the official organizations do not collect the fines in such way. They do not send the official notifications via Internet. So it is handiwork of cyber crooks. The only thing you should do is to exert yourself and remove this hoax. Ransomware can be difficult to remove; however, it is not impossible. You will find the detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to unblock your compromised PC.
Supern0va unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all UKASH and PAYSAFECARD viruses.
1. Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
2. Choose safe mode with networking.
3. Launch MSConfig.
Press Start –> Run
or press [Win]+R on keyboard
4. Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
5. Restart your system once again.
6. Scan with https://trojan-killer.net/download.php?trojankiller to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
1. Reboot normally.
2. Start –> Run.
3. Enter: https://trojan-killer.net/download.php?trojankiller If malware is loaded, just press alt+tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
4. Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) couple of times. The process of Association of Chief Police Officers virus should be killed.