SrchSafe.com might not be exactly harmful, but most of browser hijackers certainly possess some very unpleasant traits (apart from the ones mentioned so far). To add up to the various unwanted browser modifications, here are some more potential negative effects that a program of this type can have on your PC. Many Hijackers are known to employ aggressive advertising when they get onto the user’s PC. Most commonly, SrchSafe.com tends to flood your browser with extremely obstructive and annoying pop-ups, banners and box messages that oftentimes cover the whole screen making it rather difficult to normally surf the internet without accidentally clicking on any of the nagging ads.
SrchSafe.com uses a very common technique to improve the chances of you clicking on the ads. Browser Hijacker scans through your recent browser history and searches and determines what your personal tastes are. Later, this data is employed within the ads, thus making them look more appealing. Lastly, it is possible that your PC’s performance gets affected by SrchSafe.com due to increased resource consumption (CPU, RAM). At times, this can even lead to your machine becoming unstable and experiencing crashes/freezes and/or becoming non-responding.
It is always a good idea to have a reliable anti-malware tool on your PC. Installing such a program will greatly decrease the chances of you landing some unwanted Hijacker or some other undesirable piece of software. Before opening a new e-mail, make sure that it is not spam. Generally, you should be able to determine whether or not it spam without too much difficulty just by looking at the sender, the title and the subject. If you are not sure, you should probably not open it – better safe than sorry. When installing new software it is important to look through the installer and see if there are any added applications bundled with the main software. Sometimes, you might need to go for the Advanced installation option so as to see all the added programs. Once you find the full list of bundled software, look up the different applications and if any of them seems undesirable, leave it out of the installation.
SrchSafe.com hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove SrchSafe.com virus from the browser
First of all, SrchSafe.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by SrchSafe.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and SrchSafe.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that SrchSafe.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove SrchSafe.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed SrchSafe.com!
Video guide on how to remove SrchSafe.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with SrchSafe.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.