Popular123.com (or S.popular123.com) redirect is caused by adware programs that come packed with this redirect or it is installed by a download client used as a wrapper for the download. Popular123.com is installed into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This web browser helper object component provides some useful shortcut links at the price of redirecting user’s search to Popular123.com.
Since Popular123.com add-on is often deceptively installed along with other free programs, many users think that Popular123.com is installed by virus infection. Certainly, the program that comes with this hijacker is not a virus. Adware is relatively harmless except running processes that decrease system performance. However, nobody likes default search engine suddenly replaced with Popular123.com. This search page are used for advertising and injecting promoted links into organic search results. Cyber criminals can use affordable advertising for promoting scams that help to spread malware and steal your identity.
Popular123.com is preset for an automatic installation when it comes with a free program downloads, and users do not pay attention to the installation process while removing Popular123.com is more difficult than removing other programs. It requires some experience and knowledge.
Step by step instructions how to remove Popular123.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Popular123.com virus from the system
First of all, Popular123.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Popular123.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Popular123.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Popular123.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Popular123.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Popular123.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Popular123.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.