Cookies On-Off 1.0.1 is a risky freeware that delivers ads and pop-ups randomly on all web pages that you may have been to. Once Cookies On-Off gets a spot inside, it manages to annoy you with its sponsored ads right away. Those pop-ups and dubious links may point you to selected websites once you click on them, which are designed to take in threats like browser hijackers without your attention and detection of security tools.
Cookies On-Off is usually bundled with another non-official program which you may download and install it from some unsafe websites. Generally speaking, people care nothing about the installation step when they install a new program into their computer. Most people would just skip the process with constantly clicking next button to make it short, and that’s how Cookies On-Off and other unwanted programs been downloaded into your computer which you may not even know. So, if you really want to keep your computer away with those unfriendly programs, you should be more careful when you install new program into your computer, especially for those unknown program from a non-official website. Besides, it can also hide in an unsafe websites and a spam email which you should be careful when you use your computer.
Cookies On-Off can come up with freeware or third-party software when you are installing some famous programs on the internet. It also gets inside the computer through the same kind of adware or Trojan. Besides, this adware can be packaged with infected websites, download sites, attached with spam email attachment, inserted with the popup ads or links. When you pay no attention to click or open any malicious popups or sites, this virus can turn up.
Step by step instructions how to remove Cookies On-Off virus.
STEP 1. Remove Cookies On-Off virus from the system
First of all, Cookies On-Off is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Cookies On-Off virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Cookies On-Off browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Cookies On-Off virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Cookies On-Off from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Cookies On-Off prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Cookies On-Off virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.