Stock Alerts is an app what help user with online shopping. This app will show many deals and offers from all the Internet on different items. It actually can be a good place for getting low cost things, but Stock Alerts is classified as adware and potentially unwanted program (pup). Stock Alerts install without any notification and will infect all browsers (Edge, Opera, Mozila, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and etc.) on your PC, so you will see online ads every time you online. Also, this adware will track your browsing activity and use it against you. This program look like another adware what widespread and have already infected more than a thousand computers all over the world – KuaiZip or WinThruster.
Like other adware Stock Alerts can be installed with other freeware (free software) what you download and install from suspicious site. If you saw Stock Alerts on your computer be ready that you can have more than one virus on your computer. This simple step allows you to save your computer from virus in the future. After Stock Alerts become part of your system, it injects malicious code in your browser, so you will see lots of online ads (banners, coupons, pop-ups) every time you use your browser. Almost all ads will redirect you to an infected site after you click on it, so we highly recommend to avoid it. In addition Stock Alerts can track your browsing activity and transfer it to the third parties or to create more specific ads by looking on your recent search. If you want to protect your personal information and your PC you should remove Stock Alerts after you notice it for the first time! Don’t ignore apps what was installed without your notification!
Stock Alerts hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Stock Alerts virus from the browser
First of all, Stock Alerts is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Stock Alerts, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Stock Alerts has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Stock Alerts hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Stock Alerts traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Stock Alerts!
Video guide on how to remove Stock Alerts from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Stock Alerts in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.