Steam.exe malicious process, remove this miner virus
The Steam.exe virus is a CoinMiner malicious process. Cyber criminals are using miner to make Bitcoins (most popular cryptocurrency). Technically, they are stealing your electricity and CPU performance to do that. Because of that, Steam.exe virus is considered dangerous and advised for removal as soon as possible.
General information on Steam.exe virus:
Size: 599.3 KB
There were a lot of CoinMiner viruses that were masking themselves as Steam application. To separate this virus from Real Steam.exe look for next differences:
1) First and most important – Location. Fake Steam.exe is located in a folder that was pointed above. Real exe is located in root folder of Steam application.
2) The most simple – Icon. A real program has an official icon.
3) Fake Steam.exe doesn`t have any publisher or certificate.
4) Size of files. Official .exe file is more than 2.00mb.
After the installation of Steam.exe virus, your task manager will show this malicious process in the List as Running. It will take more than 25% of your processor performance. This behavior is quite common for CoinMiner and considered as very dangerous and bad for your computer. Which is why we advise you to remove Steam.exe virus from your computer and enjoy real one instead. Follow the removal instruction below to do that.
Automatic removal tool for Steam.exe virus:
Step by step instructions how to remove Steam.exe virus.
- First, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer Portable.
- Then you should choose the type of scan (Full scan is advised).
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Steam.exe virus:
How to prevent the Steam.exe virus:
- Advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, tere are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Steam.exe virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.