SoundRad.net is a browser hijacker – software known for its intrusive advertisements, page redirects, and the changes that it may apply to the users’ homepage or search engine, once it gets installed on their browser. All of the popular browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge and the others may get invaded by a browser hijacker like SoundRad.net, but, fortunately, uninstalling it is not rocket science and it surely is not as difficult as removing a nasty virus or malware like a Trojan or Ransomware infection. That’s why, if you want to get rid of the annoyance that this program may be causing you, all you have to do is follow the instructions in the removal guide below. Our team has placed some free and detailed instructions on how to detect and manually delete the browser hijacker and all of its traces from your system. We would also give you a bit more information about the way this type of software operates, and the potentially negative effects that you may face if you don’t remove it from your machine.
If your computer has been invaded by a browser hijacker like SoundRad.net, there are several things that may happen. Your default browser may receive some imposed changes in its settings, which usually concern your homepage or the search engine you are using. They may be substituted with some unfamiliar ones, and as a result of that, most of your searches may get automatically redirected to different web pages full of ads, pop-ups, promotional messages and sponsored notifications. The main purpose of this ad-generating invasion is to aggressively advertise specific products and services on your screen and make you click on their sponsored ads. When you do that, the browser hijacker developers usually earn some money for each of your clicks, which stimulates them to expose you to more of these ads. For you, however, there may hardly be any benefit from keeping a program like SoundRad.net on your PC, and the chance is that, at some point, you may get really irritated with the constantly popping new tabs and blinking boxes on your screen.
Usually, a program like SoundRad.net may be found on various web locations, such as spam emails, torrent sites, free software installers, free application bundles, shareware platforms, ads, or direct downloads from the web. It basically happens that when you download a specific setup, (it could be an attractive free program, a game, video or audio player, or some optimization software), and run its installer, you will be automatically prompted to the Standard installation option where the setup will install all the bundled programs inside it as it is. You may not be clearly notified what kind of additional software may come along with the program you are installing, and unless you carefully read the EULA or manually select the Advanced/Custom option, you will not be able to have control over the installer. This is how most of the hijackers and other potentially unwanted software get installed on your PC and you would come to know about them only after they start to operate on your system.
Step by step instructions how to remove SoundRad.net virus.
STEP 1. Remove SoundRad.net virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove SoundRad.net virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying SoundRad.net browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove SoundRad.net virus from your browser
First of all, SoundRad.net is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove SoundRad.net from your system completaly:
STEP 3. SoundRad.net prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with SoundRad.net virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.