[SOLVED!] Search-Privacy.biz alert removal tutorial
Search-Privacy.biz pop-up windows you encounter in your Google Chrome browser are the evidence of some horrible adware to be enabled and running in your computer. The purpose of these pop-ups is to persuade you to download and install Search-Privacy.biz extension into your Google Chrome browser. However, we strongly advise that you do not proceed with such suggestions, otherwise the system may become infected with plenty of other potentially unwanted programs and the home page will be hijacked. Use this guide that will help you o get rid of such pop-ups and clean the system from other malware samples.
First of all, it is important to mention that Search-Privacy.biz pop-us are primarily the problem for Google Chrome browser. They may also attack other browsers that are based on the Chromium open source project. You will definitely notice that your browser and your system in general will be functioning extremely slow as a result of Search-Privacy.biz pop-ups enabled.
Search-Privacy.biz pop-ups have the intention to hijack Google Chrome browser or to infect it with certain adware that functions through enabling certain Search-Privacy.biz extension. The pop-up will tell that you need to install some Search-Privacy.biz extension into your Google Chrome browser. If you actually agree to proceed with such suggestion you may end up facing your browser to be constantly spewing the multitude of annoying advertisement banners, pop-ups and sudden redirection issues.
Search-Privacy.biz hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Search-Privacy.biz virus from the browser
First of all, Search-Privacy.biz is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Search-Privacy.biz, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Search-Privacy.biz has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Search-Privacy.biz hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Search-Privacy.biz traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Search-Privacy.biz!
Video guide on how to remove Search-Privacy.biz from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search-Privacy.biz in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.