The Search.hmyutilitybox.co page looks like a normal start page of any browser, particularly Google Chrome. But this page is not legitimate, it was designed by the cyber criminals for their own purposes and using this page as normal can make matters worse. Which is why it is advised to remove it as soon as possible.
Search.hmyutilitybox.co may easily infect practically all popular browser. This definitely includes Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. When you start either of them, you will notice that the home page got changed into Search.hmyutilitybox.co. Furthermore, when you start looking for some information through the hijacked search form your queries will be redirected through My Utility Box, which can’t be considered as a genuine search provider.
The main goal of Search.hmyutilitybox.co page is in data collection of all people that are using this page. This hijacker can collect information on them and send it to cyber criminals on the analysis. After that, they can use this information for a lot of purposes, for example selling it to some other companies. The installation of Search.hmyutilitybox.co hijacker will be silent and without your permission, in most cases. During the installation, some the browser settings will be changed to Search.hmyutilitybox.co website, that will make your browser show this page on every start. And now the worst part of this hijacker – not every user sees just a new homepage. Many user reports that their browser redirect them to different molecules resources where they offered to install an extension or download additional software.
Considering the above-said information, it is not safe for you to submit any search queries through Search.hmyutilitybox.co. It appears that this hijacker spies over you. So, each search query you submit through it will be collected and may be transferred to third parties for various illegal goals. It appears that Search.hmyutilitybox.co is not a simple hijacker. You cannot get rid of it simply through uninstalling it from the list of legally installed programs. The hijacker is additionally furnished with some other supporting programs which prevent you from deleting it in an easy way. We recommend you to get rid of this infection by carefully following the removal solution below.
Search.hmyutilitybox.co removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Search.hmyutilitybox.co virus from the browser
First of all, Search.hmyutilitybox.co is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Search.hmyutilitybox.co, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Search.hmyutilitybox.co has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Search.hmyutilitybox.co hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Search.hmyutilitybox.co traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Search.hmyutilitybox.co!
Video guide on how to remove Search.hmyutilitybox.co from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.hmyutilitybox.co in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.