[SOLVED!] Remove “Toll Free: 1-877-836-0562” scam.
Some users these days are getting regularly bombarded by the load of intrusive 188.8.131.52 pop-up windows, which actually do not let them use their browsers. These pop-ups keep telling that the PC is infected or has some errors and that users need to call certain toll-free helpline supposedly to speak with Microsoft customer service representatives. In reality, all such information reported through 184.108.40.206 pop-ups is the pack of lies.
220.127.116.11 pop-up windows may appear in all widely used browsers these days, including Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. As we’ve said above, their purpose is to scare computer users into thinking that the PC is in danger. However, the ultimate goal of these pop-ups is to make users waste their money for nothing.
We strongly advise that you do not trust any of such deceitful information reported via 18.104.22.168 pop-ups. Do not call any toll-free helplines run by the crooks. These pop-ups simply have in mind to rip you off. So, we strongly advise that you follow this removal guide below to get your computer fixed as soon as possible. Make sure that you delete all the infections found by anti-malware tool below and that you reset your browsers using additional tips below.
1-877-836-0562 hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove 1-877-836-0562 virus from the browser
First of all, 1-877-836-0562 is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by 1-877-836-0562, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and 1-877-836-0562 has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that 1-877-836-0562 hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove 1-877-836-0562 traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed 1-877-836-0562!
Video guide on how to remove 1-877-836-0562 from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with 1-877-836-0562 in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.