Sports Score is an unwanted Chrome Extension that may get installed on the browser through freeware. This adware may inflict so many troubles when installing on Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Obviously, Sports Score will be added to affected browser showing various buttons and features. The adware also incorporates unknown search as your default home page. Sports Score Chrome Extension and its other variants are promoted as a plugin that will enhance your web browsing experience. At some point, it can be a useful application. However, due to some annoyances like excessive advertisements and redirect functions, it was deemed malicious and unnecessary browser add-on.
If Sports Score is installed on the computer, you are giving adware authors the liberty to modify certain settings on your browser program. Most users think that it was just Sports Score plugin that is going to be installed, without their idea; the main goal of this adware is to display advertisements and generate easy money at the expense of their computer.
As an ad-supported program, Sports Score is provided free. In return, authors of this malicious program need to earn through various advertising schemes such as pop-up, banners, and redirects. The Sports Score plugin itself may consist links that when clicked will open your browser to commercial websites.
It was also diagnosed that presence of Sports Score means to gather online browsing information from the computer. Data gathered are analyzed to give advertisements which are within the interest of the user. Thus, monitoring every website you visits are things you are searching can be the main concern for this adware. These are the reasons why it is advised to remove Sports Score from your computer. Follow the removal tutorial below.
Automatic removal tool for Sports Score:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Sports Score:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with getsportscore.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Sports Score:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: