[SOLVED!] Recipe Hub for Google Chrome. How to fix?
Recipe Hub is an unwanted extension that primarily attacks Google Chrome browsers and possibly some other browsers that are based on the Chromium open source project. This extension is generally enabled through a special pop-up window that unexpectedly appears in your browser. It’s very dangerous to keep this extension live, since it performs various illegal functions while it is active. So, continue reading this guide that explains how to delete it in a proper way.
Users don’t know where this extension came from. Usually free software is bundled with unwanted application. Even if you uninstall this free software, Recipe Hub will keep functioning. Besides showing advertisements they can change your homepage and search engine, track browser activity, display advertisement pop-ups and even slow down browser operation speed.
If you are going to install free software from a shady site and don’t want to get this adware, then you have to be careful during initial installation process. Of course, owners of such sites aren’t benefactors and they want to get profit, that is why they bundle free software with unwanted programs. There is no difficulty, just look through installation steps and uncheck the option “Install Recipe Hub” (if any).
Regular advertisement pop-ups are the only harm from Recipe Hub. A good few sees a threat acting through the virus in it and the others find it helpful, because they get a lot of news and information about sales and discounts in favorite stores. If you want to remove it, then simply follow the instruction below. It will help you eliminate this extension and other threats (if any).
Step by step instructions how to remove Recipe Hub virus.
STEP 1. Remove Recipe Hub extension from the system
First of all, Recipe Hub is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Recipe Hub extension:
- Now your system is free from annoying Recipe Hub browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Recipe Hub extension from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Recipe Hub from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Recipe Hub prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Recipe Hub extension once and for all. In case you have any problems or this extension is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.