[SOLVED!] How to remove nvdrive.exe trojan coin miner? (High CPU usage by nvdrive.exe)
The nvdrive.exe process stands for a Trojan Horse invasion. It disrupts such digital currency as Bitcoin or Monero, and others. It uses infected computer’s resources. Of course, user has no clue about it, till bad consequences come out.
Cost-free software you have installed might contain nvdrive.exe. And that’s how malware penetrated your system. It’s better to avoid thoughtless decisions, unless you are absolutely sure what you get with installation. This is the most common way to get harmful and useful tools that have no positive effect on your computer. We offer to read installer recommendations, and then, retrieve the software you would like to have. There are a couple of variants except intrusion with installation. For example, viruses and other unwanted apps find the gap in the security. The reason is in trouble with your current anti-malware software, it does not prepare to reflect virus penetrations.
nvdrive.exe begins its wet work as soon as it intrudes your system. The main goal is to kill your CPU. Don’t you feel irritated while waiting for page loading? That’s actually what the miner is going to do. It will spend almost all your graphic card’s power to gain own advantage. Programs, that used to work properly, now run awful. One more alternative way of intrusion is poor security. How sure are you that your anti-malware software is a reliable one? If you have doubts about it, that may be the main reason of all problems.
Obvious symptoms of nvdrive.exe infection are:
- CPU and graphic cards are very resource intensive.
- The boot time has risen.
- Programs’ launch is suspiciously long.
- General PC performance is unsatisfactory.
nvdrive.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove nvdrive.exe virus from the browser
First of all, nvdrive.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by nvdrive.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and nvdrive.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that nvdrive.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove nvdrive.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed nvdrive.exe!
Video guide on how to remove nvdrive.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with nvdrive.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.