[SOLVED!] How to remove mccew.exe trojan coin miner? (High CPU usage by mccew.exe)
mccew.exe is a popular threat nowadays. Bitcoin, Monero, DarkNetCoin, and others face the risks. Nobody knows who can be next as the disruptor hides itself till the last. However, there are some symptoms which indicate the system is not clean anymore. Several of such signs you may read further. Malicious software is found of something it can profitably use. As a rule, there always something we don’t want to share with others in our PCs. Don’t be upset too early, we are going to help you in solving this problem.
Firstly, let’s find out how mccew.exe arose on your computer. The first assumption is mindless installation. Remind several last downloads. Have you read agreement conditions? You could simply miss the application detached to the utility you had installed. By the way, the owners of sites with access to cost-free software are quite honest with you. They try to include everything in EULAs (End User License Agreements), you just have to read them. But there is one more alternative version. Your current anti-virus software is not good enough to defend the system if databases don’t meet modern threats, it can easily permit their installation. Only software with updated data banks is able to confront serious threats.
mccew.exe adware worth being deleted. Its activities have a purpose to infect the computer and exhaust it. Losing CPU’s power for unknown needs, showing you a bunch of pop-ups, stealing vital data are the consequences of its work. And you should know that computer threats may handle your traffic and keystrokes till the time you would like to stop it. Now, when you are ready for substantial changes, we offer you to try GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool in action. You will be shocked how fast it removes unwanted issues and improves the situation.
Obvious symptoms of mccew.exe infection are:
- CPU and graphic cards are very resource intensive.
- The boot time has risen.
- Programs’ launch is suspiciously long.
- General PC performance is unsatisfactory.
mccew.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove mccew.exe virus from the browser
First of all, mccew.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by mccew.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and mccew.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that mccew.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove mccew.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed mccew.exe!
Video guide on how to remove mccew.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with mccew.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.