[SOLVED!] How to remove gpu.exe trojan coin miner? (High CPU usage by gpu.exe)
gpu.exe trojan haunts digital currencies almost discreetly. Bitcoin, Monero, DarkNetCoin, and other crypto investments slip through the fingers of their owners when Trojan Horse comes into play. Nowadays this is one of the most popular tricks to steal your money details and then get access to other finances.
gpu.exe Trojan doesn’t waste time and turns infected computer into the robot for Bitcoin mining. Such activities remain secret for users, but the computer suffers greatly. The main targets are graphic and central processors that loses their power in favor of malicious absorber. That is why CPU usage becomes abnormal, computer freezes too often and the normal online and offline routine becomes impossible.
Adware apps such as gpu.exe exhaust the CPU and shorten its lifespan. A lot of time may past before you detect the threat or start having some doubts. The main symptom is general slowness of programs launch, opening the pages, and so on. What’s more, the screen is full of obsessive advertisements. One of the most horrible things is losing your private information. Hackers are keen on obtaining your credit card details, any passwords, and even private pictures! Now you seem to be sure the threat must disappear as quick as possible. Our recommended anti-malware tools software was developed with the aim to solve such problems.
gpu.exe leads to next symptoms:
- The usage of CPU and graphics cards jumps up significantly via the gpu.exe process.
- Web browsing session goes not so fast as it used to be.
- Time for programs’ launch grows.
- Your PC performs badly.
gpu.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove gpu.exe virus from the browser
First of all, gpu.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by gpu.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and gpu.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that gpu.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove gpu.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed gpu.exe!
Video guide on how to remove gpu.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with gpu.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.