Collisions.me is a malicious pop-up window that may appear in Google Chrome browser. The goal of these pop-ups is to force you to download and install Collisions.me extension into your browser. However, after you install this extension you will notice that your browser will be hijacked. For example, the home page and the default search engine will be modified. You will be permanently redirected through some other third-party websites. Follow this guide to get your computer duly fixed.
First of all, it is important to mention that collisions.me pop-us are primarily the problem for Google Chrome browser. They may also attack other browsers that are based on the Chromium open source project. You will definitely notice that your browser and your system in general will be functioning extremely slow as a result of collisions.me pop-ups enabled.
collisions.me pop-ups have the intention to hijack Google Chrome browser or to infect it with certain adware that functions through enabling certain Game App extension. The pop-up will tell that you need to install some Game App extension into your Google Chrome browser. If you actually agree to proceed with such suggestion you may end up facing your browser to be constantly spewing the multitude of annoying advertisement banners, pop-ups and sudden redirection issues.
Whenever people fail to be careful as described above, then end up installing plenty of other junk utilities which they do not need at all. In a hurry while installing those free programs, they may blindly click on Next or I agree buttons, without understanding much what they agree with.
Another reason why collisions.me pop-ups and associated adware got injected into your system is because of poorly updated databases of your available anti-virus software. You may have some security tool enabled, however, due to its outdated databases this software could miss certain malware intrusion attacks and thus permit collisions.me pop-ups to become the part of your browser. If this is so, it’s time for you to reconsider your existing anti-malware and rather give preference to some other program which definitely can protect your system. To fix this particular issue of collisions.me pop-ups, please follow this removal tutorial below.
Step by step instructions how to remove collisions.me virus.
STEP 1. Remove collisions.me virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove collisions.me virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying collisions.me browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove collisions.me virus from your browser
First of all, collisions.me is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove collisions.me from your system completaly:
STEP 3. collisions.me prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with collisions.me virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.