[SOLVED!] AIO Search for Google Chrome. How to fix?
The AIO Search is classified as unwanted browser extension i.e. PUA (potentially unwanted application). Probably you have already seen many promotion advertisements thanks to this adware. Moreover, you have noticed that these advertisements are similar to your search history. That is all because extension can handle the data of your search requests.
It’s not surprising that users consider AIO Search as a virus. That is all because they don’t know where they could take it from. Scammers know that end-users skip most of the installation steps and that is how this extension gets access to your browser. As well as annoy with advertisement it also can shift homepage with another one, spy on your search requests.
It’s always critical to check every program you are going to install. Even tried program can be bundled with this adware if you download it from doubtful websites. They use this bundling to monetize their “well-intended” free services. It’s easy to block adware, just uncheck given option in one of the initial installations’ steps, because normally AIO Search is installed by default.
Regular advertisement pop-ups are the only harm from AIO Search. A good few sees a threat acting through the virus in it and the others find it helpful, because they get a lot of news and information about sales and discounts in favorite stores. If you want to remove it, then simply follow the instruction below. It will help you eliminate this extension and other threats (if any).
AIO Search removal guide
STEP 1. Remove AIO Search virus from the browser
First of all, AIO Search is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by AIO Search, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and AIO Search has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that AIO Search hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove AIO Search traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed AIO Search!
Video guide on how to remove AIO Search from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with AIO Search in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.