Sof001.site redirect malware removal help
Sof001.site is classified as a browser hijacker that is packed with the third party application to get inside your computer. The reason why Sof001.site pop-ups appear in your screen is because the computer has been deeply contaminated with adware. It is possible that the adware was injected into the system along with some other free software you have been dealing with lately. The goal of Sof001.site pop-up is to redirect your browser to all sorts of other third-party sites of really bad reputation, through which your system may become infected with tons of other absolutely useless and even dangerous applications. Following this guide will help you to get your system duly repaired.
Besides the annoying Sof001.site ads and popups that interrupt your online surfing, it also triggers severe security problems to you. It modifies your Registry to open backdoor without your knowledge, thus remote attacker can easily transfer malware to cause big damage on your PC and even directly enter your system to encrypt your files, lock your system or hack your accounts to steal your information.
Sof001.site pop-ups may happen with all popular browsers today, including Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. The adware that causes these pop-ups could be enabled in the form of suspicious extension in browser, or as standalone application that is concealed deeply in the system. It may be hidden under some suspicious service or process running in the background, this is why many people find it very difficult to detect the source of the infection.
Automatic removal tool for Sof001.site:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Sof001.site:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Sof001.site:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: