Socopoco.com is a browser hijacker, whose main objective is to replace your browser’s homepage address and show you commercial advertisements and links. Problem is that these ads and links come from an unknown source, so they are untrustworthy.
This browser hijacker is compatible with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox only. Therefore, since it might not be compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer, it is possible that it is featured in a browser extension compatible with the two browsers.
When browser hijacker infects your browser, then it will replace its homepage address. If you use Socopoco.com to search the Internet, then this browser hijacker will redirect the search queries that you enter to Socopoco.com, a shady search engine known to featuring promotional links in its search results.
This browser hijacker can jeopardize your computer’s security and your privacy.Therefore, we advise that you remove Socopoco.com from your computer as soon as the opportunity arises.
Socopoco.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Socopoco.com page from the browser
First of all, Socopoco.com is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Socopoco.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Socopoco.com has been removed from your browser:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Socopoco.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Socopoco.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Socopoco.com!
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Socopoco.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.