Smart Internet Protection 2011 stands for malicious tool that searches for unwary victims to cause them to waste their money. Be very careful with it. One thing you need to know for sure – Smart Internet Protection 2011 – is a scam and should be treated accordingly. The only wise thing to do with it is to delete it at once.
Smart Internet Protection 2011 comes from the same family as Personal Internet Security 2011, Smart Security, My Security Shield, My Security Engine, Internet Antivirus 2011, this is why the peculiarities of its activity are well known. This rogue tool may be uploaded via trojan downloaders or installed when the fake alert is finally clicked. Normally it has to be manually installed but in some cases installation takes place without user approval or authorization. During run of Smart Internet Protection 2011 it will show various fake security warnings on some alleged threats and viruses on your PC. One of them is given below:
Smart Internet Protection 2011 tool goes beyond the authentication borders as an obstacle, since it is able to install itself without user’s authorization. Having broken the security restrictions of your computer, Smart Internet Protection 2011 will bring in some additional files and tune up your system in such a manner that it will be launched with every Windows startup. Upon this task being completed, the junkware will commence actively popping you up with its fictitious claims about the supposed poor security status of your PC. It will be for instance showing many alerts and running scanners that would not tell you any truth regarding the state of your PC. Smart Internet Protection 2011 falsely detects viruses, system and registry errors and then requires from you to pay for its full version. Please do not doubt that Smart Internet Protection 2011 tells lots of lies about its ability to fix all errors in your computer. It is entirely useless in this. Smart Internet Protection 2011 is simply trying to make you buy its full version, without doing any good thing in response. Unlike the common decent security tools that may also promote their paid full versions, this program does not have the ability to actually do what it states of itself.
The detailed information on removal of this junkware can be found below. Also, if you have bought Smart Internet Protection make sure to refer to your credit card provider and dispute the charges that were made via your card.
Smart Internet Protection 2011 automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Smart Internet Protection 2011 manual removal guide:
Instructions on how to restore your Internet connection:
1. Start Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options as shown in the image below:
2. Select Connections tab and now click on the Lan Settings button as shown in the image below:
3. Under the Proxy Server section uncheck the checkbox “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and press the OK button to close this screen:
Delete Smart Internet Protection 2011 files:
%appdata%\Smart Internet Protection 2011\cookies.sqlite
%appdata%\Smart Internet Protection 2011\instructions.ini
%startmenu%\Smart Internet Protection 2011.lnk
%commonprograms%\Smart Internet Protection 2011.lnk
Delete Smart Internet Protection 2011 registry entries:
hkcu\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Smart Internet Protection 2011”