Smart Engine uninstall guide. How to remove Smart Engine?
Smart Engine is another name in the family of rogues developed and apread by the Virus Doctor family (in other words, it is a clone of Smart Security, My Security Shield, Security Master AV, My Security Engine). This malicious application penetrates to computer by means of certain trojans and, of course, via some fake online scanners. Smart Engine also can form thousands of false files that will be then identified as malware during the computer scan. Its trick is that the program will not let you remove any of detected threats until you finally purchase it.
You also need to be aware of the fact that Smart Engine is characterized by displaying various security alerts and warnings on your main screen. These fake alerts will claim that your PC is under serious attack or that you may lose your important personal files. Below please find one of them:
To sum up the above-mentioned, this is a fraud application that should be completely ignored. Therefore, as soon as you notice this tool on your PC you need to run some reputable anti-spyware and remove Smart Engine immediately. Make sure to completely remove it, as well as all its affiliated components.
We therefore seriously urge you not to purchase Smart Engine and not to believe in its faulty promises. Even though Smart Engine would declare that it is the only solution to remove all the scams and viruses detected, in reality it is nothing but a rogue, simply aiming to steal hard earned money from you. The best solution to perform would be to permanently and completely delete Smart Engine as soon as it has been detected on a computer system. It is of utmost importance to use a trustworthy anti-spyware to protect your PC from this and the other rogues. So why don’t you use Gridinsoft Trojan Killer to permanently get rid of it?
As you see, Smart Engine is not a lonely walker in the empty space. Similar to other trojans and rogue software, it has multiple links to other rogues. That’s why complex malware removal is the best way to get rid of rogue Smart Engine. In addition, if you remove Smart Engine automatically by using Gridinsoft Trojan Killer you get life-time protection from malware aggression.
Please be advised that GridinSoft LLC and www.trojan-Killer.net IS NOT associated, affiliated, consorted, or connected with the publishers or creators of Smart Engine. In the same manner this article should not be wrongly treated or understood in being associated in any way with the promotion or endorsement of malware. Our only intention is to provide information that would give instructions to PC users on how to detect and completely remove malware from their computers with the help of Gridinsoft Trojan Killer and/or manual removal instructions stipulated below. Thus, this article should be used for educational and informational purposes only.
Smart Engine automatic remover:
No doubt, Smart Engine was initially designed to scare users and convince them to purchase it by making it seem as if your PC is indeed infected. Needless to mention, you should not purchase this program, and if you have already done so, you should immediately take the measures to remove it from your PC to prevent from further spreading of its hazardous activity. To remove this infection and any other similar malware, please be so kind to attentively read and follow the advises stipulated below.
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Instructions on how to restore your Internet connection:
1. Start Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options as shown in the image below:
2. Select Connections tab and now click on the Lan Settings button as shown in the image below:
3. Under the Proxy Server section uncheck the checkbox “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and press the OK button to close this screen:
Smart Engine manual removal guide:
Delete Smart Engine files:
%appdata%\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch\smart engine.ln
Remove Smart Engine registry entries:
hkcu\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Smart Engine”
However, please be aware that manual removal of Smart Engine is a time-consuming undertaking. Moreover, it does not always ensure full deletion of the rogue due to the fact that certain files might be hidden or even may be restored automatically afterwards. In addition, such a manual interference might damage the PC. That’s why we strongly recommend automatic removal of Smart Engine. By choosing GridinSoft Trojan Killer for this purpose you will be able to save your time and get the required result.