Slider.com is annoying redirects in your browser. If you are tired of ads on your screen you need to remove it as soon as possible. How to do this?
Slider.com appeared on your PC because of adware, that you downloaded lately. Don’t you download it? It can be tricky bundled with free software, that everyone uses, so you even don’t know about virus until some random pop-ups appear in the browser. So you need to get rid of this adware first because it makes yous system very vulnerable. The main danger of adware in your system is a redirection to random sites and sponsored links with a malicious program. It can collect your personal information and track your browser activity, so it very unpleasantly and dangerous keeping this adware on PC. Hackers can use your personal information (password, credit cards, emails, addresses etc) in own purpose.
So if you have Slider.com in your browser it means that your computer in danger and you need to clean it as soon as possible. Remember, that if your browser infected by this hijacker it means that your anti-malware is not doing its job properly and you need to reconsider your choice in a software.
Slider.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Slider.com page from the browser
First of all, Slider.com is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Slider.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Slider.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Slider.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Slider.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Slider.com!
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Slider.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.