Simplyhelper.com pop-up removal instruction
If you face a pop-up notification with alike text “Warning! Old version of Adobe Flash Player detected. Please download new version.” while surfing via Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, then scammers most likely are trying to fool you with the help of Simplyhelper.com. It is a malicious domain with fake Flash Player update. Cybercriminals use it for distributing different malicious software, for example, adware or browser hijacker.
You mustn’t click on it in no circumstances. Because if you do so, it will switch your current website to Simplyhelper.com. With the naked eye, you’ll think that it is an official website, though, it’s not true. If you are paying not enough attention, then you will download fake installer to update your current Flash Player version to up-to-date one. As we already found out it won’t happen and instead of update you will install adware.
As a rule, it is mandatory to keep your software updated to decrease the risks of penetration. However, hackers use the trick with fake alerts to motivate Internet visitors install hazardous items. Not so experienced users who have never met common threats before may accept the fraud and infect the device with dangerous viruses or Trojans. Mind your online actions to prevent Simplyhelper.com appearance in the system. There are many free applications that are often bundled with adware installers, so it’s the responsibility of computer users to be always careful not to authorize such installations. Use anti-malware scanner that detects and deletes all potentially unwanted items before they start their harming activities.
Keep calm if you went for this Simplyhelper.com trick and your computer is infected. Lucky for you, it makes no harm to your files or system. Still it will bother you with regular pop-up notifications. Please note that it’s difficult to remove some adware programs, that is why we advise you to follow the guide below and to remove this adware painlessly.
Simplyhelper.com removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Simplyhelper.com virus from the browser
First of all, Simplyhelper.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Simplyhelper.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Simplyhelper.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Simplyhelper.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Simplyhelper.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Simplyhelper.com!
Video guide on how to remove Simplyhelper.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Simplyhelper.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.