Yesterday I didn’t knew nothing about shmokiads.com adware. But late in evening my friend asked me to look at his PC. “My homepage was changed and I can not reset it” – he said. “OK, no problem, let’s see what you have.” – I ran his browser. The screen I saw was with shmokiads.com search page on it.
Browser hijacking is a form of unwanted software that modifies a web browser’s settings without a user’s permission, to inject unwanted advertising into the user’s browser. There are many alike viruses what already infect millions people all over the world such as KuaiZip and LuckyStarting.com
shmokiads.com browser hijacker may replace the existing home page, error page, or search page with its own.. Browser hijacking is a form of unwanted software that modifies a web browser’s settings without a user’s permission, to inject unwanted advertising into the user’s browser.
shmokiads.com browser hijacker may replace the existing home page, error page, or search page with its own.
Every one of you sometimes installs new software. But how do you do this usually? Of course you do it by the fastest way you can – by default. At first glance it is correct. No unneeded steps, no unwanted fields to choose. But this is general mistake!!! Now most of developers of installation packs include other software in it also. And often it is unwanted or even potentially dangerous software. One of examples is shmokiads.com. It is an adware which will display ads whether you want them to or not.
Step by step instructions how to remove shmokiads.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove shmokiads.com virus from the browser
First of all, shmokiads.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
STEP 2. Remove shmokiads.com virus from the system
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove shmokiads.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying shmokiads.com browser extension!
STEP 3. shmokiads.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with shmokiads.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.