Selfsrver.com is an unreliable site that is able to infect those main web browsers such as IE, Firefox, as well as Google Chrome after it is installed. Once Selfsrver.com enters your machine, it alters your current homepage to its own site, which is unacceptable. For this reason you will have to visit this unwanted website again and again when you open your browser to surf the Internet
After Selfsrver.com attacks your machine, it make chaos to interrupt your browsing activities, thus you absolutely cannot surf the Internet like before. The most obvious symptom of being infected with this hijacker is that the new tab and other targeted websites are redirected to Selfsrver.com all the time. Additionally, you may suffer from a lot of ads booming. These ads slow down the Internet speed dramatically and affect your online behaviors.
In fact, besides making chaos, Selfsrver.com also records your browsing information to sell it for money. In order words, due to this hijacker you may encounter bankruptcy sooner or later. You can image how dangerous Selfsrver.com is! Now, let’s see how to remove Selfsrver.com from your machine forever.
How to remove Selfsrver.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Selfsrver.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Selfsrver.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Selfsrver.com hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Selfsrver.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!