Searchererr.website is a unwanted website that promotes itself as useful search engine. There is a lot of victims of this virus, that changes your default search engine and changes your browser settings. Do not trust this site, the main purpose of it is to make money on you!
Searchererr.website infects all popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. How does it work? It shows a lot of advertisement instead of search results and you can’t even distinguish real results and sponsored. Also, this search collects your browser habits, history, passwords and other personal information. The virus will use it in own purpose – to show you personalized ads, to redirect you to suspicious sites, that might be interesting for you.
Searchererr.website appeared because of adware, that made its way on your PC. Usually adware is bundled with popular free software. So, maybe you’ve downloaded it lately and that is how adware infected your system.
Searchererr.website hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Searchererr.website page from the browser
First of all, Searchererr.website is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Searchererr.website, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Searchererr.website has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Searchererr.website hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Searchererr.website traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Searchererr.website!
Video guide on how to remove Searchererr.website from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Searchererr.website in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.