Searchencrypt.com is a new browser hijacker infection from the big family of unwanted software which affects web-browsers and modifies its settings like homepage, new tab page and search engine by default. It’s currently very active spreading on the Net. Many users have problems with cleaning a personal computer from Searchencrypt.com homepage and restoring the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge settings.
Searchencrypt.com browser hijacker usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The browser hijacker will perform a scan of the PC system for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as Searchencrypt.com into Target property. So, each time you launch the internet browser, you will see the Searchencrypt.com annoying web page.
Besides the fact that Searchencrypt.com hijacker replaces your startpage, this annoying web-page can set yourself as your search engine. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of a huge number of advertisements, links to ads web-pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search engines. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the Net, is an unpleasant moment. Moreover, the Searchencrypt.com hijacker infection may collect information about you, and in the future to transfer it to third parties. What creates the risk of theft of your personal data.
Step by step instructions how to remove Searchencrypt.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Searchencrypt.com virus from the system
First of all, Searchencrypt.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Searchencrypt.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Searchencrypt.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Searchencrypt.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Searchencrypt.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Searchencrypt.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Searchencrypt.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.