Searchcore.net Redirect. How to stop
Searchcore.net Redirect is categorized as malware program that alters your computer’s browser settings so that you are redirected to Web sites that you had no intention of visiting. It alters your default home pages and search pages to those of their customers, who pay for that service because of the traffic it generates. It can compromise Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer Web browsers. When it starts its malicious activity, your homepage and default search engine will be changed to searchcore.net. The changes are carried out invisibly, without your permission. At first sight the search page looks like others. But all your search results will be redirected to Searchcore.net. Searchcore.net will display paid ads to increase the traffic to some sites, some of them contain malware. Thus it’s a messy thing to have this program launching on your PC!
Additionally to all inconveniences, enumerated above, Searchcore.net Redirect learns your Internet browsing habits. Your privacy is violated in such way. The collected details could be transferred to a remote server and later might be used for unwanted purposes. Searchcore.net Redirect is spread bundled with other freeware or shareware downloaded from unreliable resources. It happens very often when a PC owner does not even suspect that he/she downloads this toolbar because during the installation there was a check box marked by default making you agree upon installation of additional software. This method has been infected by hackers to enrich themselves. Although it is an unfair way of spreading toolbars like Searchcore.net one can blame only herself for missing the check box.
To remove Searchcore.net Redirect is a real challenge. But if there is a problem, there is a solution also. First you are recommended downloading and launching GridinSoft Trojan Killer because you could catch other unwanted stuff while these redirects. When the full scan is completed and threats are removed (if there are any) the next steps should be performed:
- Open the control panel. Remove Searchcore.net Toolbar.
- Open your browser. Go to extensions/pluggins. Persuade that there is nothing Searchcore.net related. Remove all extensions that are made by anything else than Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle, Sun or Google.
- Restart your Search provider:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers OR on IE7 click change search defaults;
- Remove Searchcore.net from the list.
- In url field type “about:config” (without the quotes) and do following =>
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
On Google Chrome:
- Click wench icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove Searchcore.net from list.
Scan with GridinSoft Trojan Killer again to be sure that your PC is absolutely free from rogues, worms, adware and other unwanted stuff. If you have any questions, you may always contact GridinSoft Support Team and have them solved