Search.volfind.com is a browser hijacker, which seems like a real search engine. But it cannot be compared to Google or Yahoo. It just stealing search results from these reputable search companies and presenting them as its own ones. This hijacker infects all widely used browsers today, including Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. So how to remove it?
Search.volfind.com hijacker is appeared because of adware that you downloaded lately. It comes bundled with cost-free software, so to prevent it you need to read carefully what are you downloading before clicking on “Agree”. In case you find the information about some additional programs you do not need (that are suggested to install with the main program), you need to make sure you do not install it on your computer without your permission or approval.As a result, your PCs can be often infected with a lot of other totally useless and even malicious programs that you do not need. Some dangerous sites can track your personal information and browser activity. your personal information may become accessible to cyber frauds, who may easily manipulate it later on. This can harm not just your PC, but your money.
Also, intrusion of Search.volfind.com hijacker into your system means that your anti-malware program failed to perform its main function of protecting your computer, so you need to reconsider your choice untill it’s too late.
Search.volfind.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Search.volfind.com page from the browser
First of all, Search.volfind.com is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Search.volfind.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Search.volfind.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Search.volfind.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Search.volfind.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Search.volfind.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.volfind.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.